Hello! Amazing how time has slipped out of my hands. I am so sorry that I didn't update you last month. It was a full month of classes, everyday life that includes lots of people and visitors.
- · We had Tina come and visit for 3 weeks. It was amazing to see her process Malawi (her home) with a new worldview perspective. She was able to get her 5-year school visa and continue on her journey working towards her MBA!
- · It was so also great to share what we do here with our friend and missions pastor - Mark! He was able to teach here at the college and the visit the village ministries that we are involved with.
- · We also have some good friends from Ireland visiting this week, which were missionaries here in Malawi while we here before. It is fabulous to share life again with them
- · I have been very busy with a baby boy who has an empty left leg (he eats continually!) As soon as I want to sit and write - he is hungry. He is now in 12-month clothes and is only 6 months! He is already getting 2 teeth! He is going to be such a tall boy! He has come alive over these last few months! The girls adore him and are in competition to see who can make him laugh!
Malawi has gone through a major political change over this last week. Our previous president was quickly becoming a dictator over the last few years.
Read this for more information : President Bingu
Over 3 weeks ago- he stated that he could be president forever. Hmmm. Well- God had different plans. He died on April 5th from a heart attack. The vice president took over and is doing great. She has declared that her government will be corrupt free! This country has been worn out from lack of fuel - there was nothing for 2 weeks! Lack of sugar - People stood in line for at least 4 -5 hours to get one package of sugar, lack of medicines in the hospital - people can't get simple treatment for sicknesses, lack of power- people that are sick on ventilators die- no electricity to run it and no gas for the back generator. At the same time there has been amazing stories that have shown God's faithfulness!
How you can pray for the Stauffacher Family this month:
- · As classes continue here at the college, that we would be intentional with our students
- · Bob is working on the Masters of Divinity classes that will start in the fall.
- · Amy is teaching a bible class the College Senior Girls and helping in the clinic after hour emergencies for x-rays and being mama to many.
- · Nya is finishing up 4th grade, Analise is finishing 1st grade, Luke is passing 6 months - They would enjoy life and continue to find Jesus real!
- · Life in Malawi is changing - that we would continue trust in the King of the universe.
- · Bob and Amy are doing a marriage DVD small group called Love and Respect and have gleaned richly from it. Pray that we would be able to apply the knowledge we have learned to our silly arguments and our lives would be transformed daily!
- · We would find Jesus as our strength and our source of peace during times of change!
Thank you for loving, praying and supporting us as we serve Jesus here in Malawi, Africa. We want to impact those who God has called us to love and challenge! It is in the everyday life moments - is where we are to be accountable.
Love the Stauffachers!