This may be a repeat but for some! Sorry!
Hello sweet friends and family-
So sorry it has been about a month or more since I have updated you via email. For about the last 6 weeks, someone in our family of 5 has been sick. It has taken a toll on us. Sure it's normal to have sickness but the worry that every time there is a fever in middle of the night that it might be malaria. Also there is no pediatric line to call that is when you really know you are in Africa and not in familiar land. I remembered when I was in that States last year and one of the girls got a fever and I was so relieved that I didn't have to think that it was malaria. Remembering that God knows the number of our days and He is control is quite a relief. So this far this week we have 2 kids with double pink eyes and a fresh new cold for Luke- building up that baby boy's immunity! So we daily surrender because continual sickness wears us down and we know we are in a daily spiritual battle. So we would appreciate your prayers.
What is happening daily here- (pictures on the posts below)
Bob is teaching classes - graduate classes, undergraduate classes, outreach, mentoring students and head of security of the campus.
Girls going to the school - Nya is in 5th grade and Analise is 2nd grade. Busy with after school activities and friends!
I am home and helping around the campus - I am helping an alumni student who works here at ABC with dean of women issues, helping with campus housing, meeting with the women students, investing in people and being mama first and foremost to my family!
Luka - that is how Luke is called here - He is one and the world is at his fingertips and in his mouth. He is an amazing communicator and loves to be outside. Cuteness!
How you can be praying!
As we enter another week of sickness, that we would keep our eyes on Jesus and that it would not wear us down.
We would be able to invest in our family and put that first. Seriously everything can distract us away from what God has given us first!
That we would be a light and make a difference in all that we do!
That we would not be too homesick as the holidays come and am missing seeing Christmas in Costco! I know it may sound silly but I cried the last time I saw that! Don't have any reason but I miss that!
Thank you again for praying, loving and supporting us as we serve here at African Bible College in Malawi Africa!
Love- all the Stauffy Family - Bob, Amy, Nya, Analise and Luka!
Sunday, October 07, 2012
|Sneaking to take pictures but was invited in to get a classroom shot.|
|Bob teaches both of the Master's classes on Monday and Tuesday evenings. There are about 30 students in the Masters of Christian Leadership and the Master of Divinity Program|
|He loves his classes and has been so challenged in them.|
|We had the Masters of Divinity group over for a lunch! Great to know and be apart of these people lives.|
|Oh my look who turned 1! He is so yummy!|
|Analise was Alice in wonderland for a special day called Reading day at the academy.|
|Nya with her class she dressed up as Fancy Nancy.|
- Daily we wake up in a battle for who we are going to serve! Either we serve Jesus or ourselves! Our prayer is that we serve Jesus in all we do.
- There is a gas shortage again and lines are long and not fun.
- The vision of the college is train up and let go... it has been amazing to see where these students go from here. Please pray for the college students as they have fees and life to still pay for as they go to school. Pray that they would seek God and find him real here at ABC.
- Please pray that we would be a testimony of a life transformed! What a treasure it is to have the hope of a life being renewed and transformed daily! And some times it's not always easy and great for today but at least there is hope for tomorrow!
- Please pray that our family will take time for each other as we also use our time investing in other things and other people.
Thank you for loving, praying and supporting us while we are here. We could not do what we do unless it was an amazing team behind us so we can keep going forward!
Love all the Stauffy family!
Posted by The Stauffacher Family at 8:32 PM