Monday, February 08, 2010

Life... the ups and downs...


We have been plugging along. Please be praying for me. After a very large computer project I did in December, somehow I managed to pinch a nerve in my neck. It created blood clots around my nerve root and many days for the last 6 weeks I have walked around unable to use it. After a long drive into the village and all the jarring of the bumpy road - it officially gave out into servere unable to live life with an arm that doesn't work without a doctors help. For a while I just thought it was a sore muscle or the beginning of carpal tunnel. I went to a physical therapist and through her we started treatment for a nerve root impendiagemnt. Yuck. I am now on servere pain meds daily and steriods to hopefully stop the pain. On this coming Wednesday - I go to the bone doctor for him to decide what to do. If it doesn't stop, steriod shots are next....And they don't do those here. So please be praying.

Another thing that has been hard is that - i am unable to use my desktop computer. So many days I can't do much with one arm on the computer. Right now I am pain meds and really shouldn't be typing...
So please pray for me as I go through this. Thanks so much. I love how many times I have shared our prayer and GOd has carried us through. Thank you....



The good things that are happening are school is full swing and we are busy. IT is so great to have routine and see the students we daily are investing in. The senior class graduate in 4 months. We are so excited to see how God is going to use them here. Especially one girl I have been mentoring over the last 2 years, She really has a heart to do missions in the village here. We are praying together weekly where and who with! It is a big deal to do missions in your own country. Especially where all most people do is barely survive with what they have. Her name is Funa.

In the above picture is Funa on the left and Tina on the right. Funa has a heart to disciple women in the village. Please pray with us as we see what God is doing.

Will update again while I am pain meds :) love- amy louise

No comments: