Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life in the rainy season...greenery and allergies

Here is the front gate from our driveway at the ABC Campus...



The rainy season is about to end. It has been an amazing rainy season. This is picture above is our house on campus... See how green that plant life is...






After this being my second rainy season, I love Africa rain even more. Something amazing about it. It gives life - it really does to plants and people. There is no real irrigation system here so it really gives life and feeds the people. Unfortunately is not going to be a good year for food. The Malawians plant maize ( corn) here and that is there staple of food - they eat it with every meal. It is called nsima. (look we even like it. we meaning Bob, nya, and analise! Me still trying to) They plant and fertilize their crops but the problem is the fertilizer went up double the price so many many could not afford to fertilize their crops. So the food that plant to eat all year will only last 1/2 the year or less. Below is a picture that I borrowed from a friend here on campus... http://robbinsabroad.blogspot.com/ She captures life here so great!



This is a picture is of some cute mamas with healthy maize but bad maize is yellow and half the size. It usually doesn't produce a corn husk. Sad no food for cute families. This broken world. makes me a bit upset. But It is not heaven yet until then Life is not easy! But we do have the hope of heaven and that really I know from the bottom of my being that He uses all things for good in our lives when we give them to Him. Beauty from Ashes. Seriously - i have stories in my life that only God of the entire universe could use for good.



Hmm.... Moving on to the next story.... Really this is light conversation and a big change in topics . You see this beautiful tree... They are everywhere on campus and town. They are gorgeous. Just another tree that flowers... Well this one gives me allergies. Lovely. never had allergies until last year. It is a pollinating tree. But boy it beautiful. So beautiful but yet such a headache - really!
Well - that all for now! just snippets of life in the land called Africa. The land I now call home. (Home away home) I am finding myself loving this land even more than before with this rawness of life and allergies. lots of love- amy louise
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.

It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

My weblog ... create coupons