Friday, February 22, 2013

Not always a cozy journey...



Where I bought my cokes today after going to 4 stores!

Living in a third world country...Some days I don't notice it.  Then there are other days that it extremely overwhelming.  This week it was extremely evident...  click on this link to read about the airports and other government agencies striking causing closures. There were no flights in or out of the country for the last 2 days, teachers not teaching and nurses are not working in the hospitals.  It has been a mess for the last 2 weeks leading up to this.  I have heard today that they did receive the raise that they were requesting.  

Please continue to pray for this country and its leadership.  The Malawian kwacha (money) has devalued over a 100 percent since we have been here.  That is like saying a $100 dollars is now worth only a $1. Huge decrease and it continues to devalue.  Poverty was already a huge problem.  Now it has even gotten worse.  Pray for this country's future and as people are getting upset and tired.  We see it very up close and personal with being involved with some many students and staff here at ABC. 

God still continues to transform and use us daily. He is so much bigger than all of this.   Please continue to pray for the medical team that is working to physically transform lives...  my friend continues to write about it.  Click on this to read her stories... She has the awesome camera and is a nurse so gets to be right in the trenches.  If you continue to read her blog you will see that her son who was born here in Malawi at ABC Clinic needed and received a cleft palate surgery by amazing Dr. Amanda Gosman and her team!



Just another reminder from my devotional today!  I love the reminders of truth.  It puts it all in perspective!


YOU NEED ME EVERY MOMENT. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence. However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up. Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice—deep dependence on Me, or despair. The emptiness you feel within will be filled either with problems or with My Presence. Make Me central in your consciousness by praying continually: simple, short prayers flowing out of the present moment. Use My Name liberally, to remind you of My Presence. 

Keep on asking and you will receive, so that your gladness may be full and complete. Pray continually. 1 THESSALONIANS 5 : 17 

Up to this time you have not asked a [single] thing in My Name [as presenting all that I AM]; but now ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy (gladness, delight) may be full and complete. JOHN 16 : 24 (AMP)

Young, Sarah (2004-10-12). Jesus Calling (p. 55). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
I'm quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

My site Ohio Movers