Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sickness...

So I have been in my bed or couch or parallel to the ground for the last 10 days. It amazing to be up now to type a blog. I really can't tell you if it is was a virus or a bacteria infection. Two doctors have two different opinions, All I know is I have been in Yuckville for way too long. But I ready for a new city. Somedays literally somedays not. I kinda have hit the 4 month mark of missionary life that is where I miss home and I am ready to end this adventure. I am ready to come back to where I know and understand. It is a wierd place to be at. You really aren't hating where you are at but you don't understand this deep craving that happens when you think of home. It is so deep you can't explain it to even your spouse. So at the end of 4 months I have learned so much and I am ready to come back to where I know. But that is not apart of the deal. You just can't stop and do what I want to do. I would miss out and what God has in store. :) Really I know we are here for at least 2 years untill we come back so I will just have to be deal with it. I am glad that God know better than me. I appreciate His Plans.
While I have been sick I appreciated the Malawian Culture so much more. Maybe it is even African, They come and visit no matter how sick you are. You could be contagious and they don't care. They have to come and say hello and pray for you. They even do dishes or do something that makes life a little easier for the sick person. THey all ask the same question, is it something you ate, or have you taken your medication. Something I appreciate they connect with you when you are at your worst. Us Americans, We wait to see if contagious and we might drop by a meal outside the door and run. We love each via phone or non contact, going to the store for you. The Malawians they come in your yucky messy house and love and touch and pray and make you feel valued. I really want to be more Malawian when people are sick, Isn't that what life is about. Loving each other and making a difference in each others lives... I am as guilty as the next American but I want to learn and be bigger. My american friends and non american non malawian friends have really been there for me too, though I must say. The love, prayers, babysitting, dinners and support that they have offered have been priceless. I will write more when I am not soooo sick. Well- that's all for now - amy louise

4 comments:

Robin said...

Amy Louise I love you and am praying that you will get well soon and for that strong craving for home. Ya.
Much love to you and your family.
Robin~

Anonymous said...

Weez.. you have over 200 people praying for you concerning this sickness at Life Center. "This to will pass" WE love you and miss you...Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you also....
The Klingensmith family :)

Mandy said...

Hmmm...I seem to remember someone being quite Malawian in my house when I wasn't feeling so good. I felt taken care of by you and Susie. Feel better soon. Keep smiling and know YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!
Mandy aka your cuz