Friday, March 21, 2014

The everyday life in Africa...

 I feel if I am not sharing a life changing event as I live in this 3rd world country- it is not a blog worthy story!  But truth is -  the everyday is a blog worthy story.  Yes there are many amazing and hard stories that we are exposed to over here.  The poverty and broken systems can continually make for a new blog.

But Most days - are the everyday stories.....

Just normal days include showers, spending time with God, breakfasts, get ready for school, changing diapers, signing tests, reviewing for a 6th grade test, going grocery shopping, getting lunch ready, be willing to feed someone who just dropped by, pray with someone, give discipline to a naughty 2 year old, do a puzzle, play another game because one is not enough, give someone a ride to town, help with homework, talk through my daughter's girl drama, put the tired 2 year down for nap, another person comes by, encourage and love on them, think about dinner, maybe go for a walk on campus, have people for dinner, more homework, baths, bedtimes, adult conversation and then crawl into bed and do it all over again...

 OK that is part of my normal day, Bob's normal day is way different...

I have learned that most days are made up of me choosing to serve the King even in the most normal mundane tasks (yes even as a missionary) though sometimes there are very raw and tragic things that happen. Most days are consisting of just loving on people whether it is my family, friends, or strangers and being faithful with the most everyday stuff.  So when the out of the ordinary things comes - I am ready!  Use me God!

P.S. This has been a huge life lesson for me!  Growing daily...



No comments: