Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy New Year! It has been a long time...

Wow it is amazing how a month flies by and then I realize I haven't blogged. We were in CapeTown. We had a great time. It is amazing to see God's amazing beauty all around the world. Captivating. We came back with things up and going. Bob is preparing for his classes next week. He will be teaching... a Bibleology class ( an apologetics class - to understand the Bible and how it is put together), 1 and 2 Corinthians, and Christian Education for Adults. Also still teaching at the high school the bible class. I will continue on teaching the College Senior Bible Study class.

Between Bob teaching classes and me with xray and teaching we are able to make a small dent here in Malawi. Some days I wish I could change the world. I wish I make it a better place for all. I wish I could give it all away and it would be enough. But one person or even 2 people can make a small difference and that is why we are here to help educate and advance people's lives. Without education, things only stay the same and people live in 3rd world poverty. It is always a pleasure to be able to give our skills away.( Thank you to those who make it possible for us to be here and do that!)


Things that are planned to happen this next couple of months besides regular life...
-Bob is taking 7 students up to Tanzania working with a local church in Arusha. Teaching students to look and see that the world is a huge place where lives can be changed.
-Work in a Dzuwa village that we are friends with the people that work there, helping show Jesus film and outreach.
-Help with the local village that we have been doing outreach with students
-Work with babies at a Local orphanage
-Continue to disciple and encourage the students on the this campus!
-Hopefully be able to come to the States in early June for 2 months! That is really exciting for us since we will have been gone for almost 2 YEARS! We miss our family and friends!

Thanks for praying and encouraging us as we are here in Malawi! I will post pictures soon! Amy Louise

No comments: